Iran sent a new peace proposal to the United States this week. The terms look incredibly similar to offers Washington previously threw out. However, a senior Iranian official told reporters on Monday that American diplomats actually softened their stance on several major issues.
A Pakistani government source confirmed that Islamabad shared this fresh proposal with Washington. Pakistan plays a major role right now. They deliver messages between the fighting nations and hosted the only round of direct peace talks just 30 days ago. The Pakistani source admitted that making real progress feels incredibly difficult. The official complained that both sides constantly change their goalposts and warned that they simply do not have much time left.
Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Esmaeil Baghaei spoke at a televised press conference. He confirmed that Tehran passed its exact views to the American side using Pakistan as the messenger. He refused to give any specific numbers or details to the public. American officials chose to stay completely silent and did not immediately answer questions from the press.
The senior Iranian source explained the new proposal. It looks almost identical to the deal President Donald Trump loudly rejected exactly 7 days ago. Trump called that previous offer absolute garbage. This new deal focuses entirely on stopping the war first. Iran promises to reopen the Strait of Hormuz. Right now, Iranian naval forces completely block this massive oil supply route. In return, Iran demands that Washington lift all maritime sanctions immediately.
The two countries fight bitterly over Iran’s nuclear program and uranium enrichment. Under this new proposal, negotiators would push these highly sensitive topics into future rounds of talks. They want to ignore the nuclear issue for now just to stop the bombs from dropping.
The senior Iranian source highlighted one major shift in America’s attitude. The source claims the United States agreed to hand over 25% of Iran’s frozen funds. These funds sit locked inside foreign banks and total around $60 billion. Under this supposed agreement, Iran would receive $15 billion immediately. However, Iranian leaders remain unhappy with a partial payment. They demand that the United States release 100% of the locked assets.
The same Iranian source stated that Washington showed surprising flexibility regarding nuclear energy. American diplomats allegedly agreed to let Iran continue specific peaceful nuclear activities. The International Atomic Energy Agency would send inspectors to supervise these sites. Separately, Iran’s Tasnim news agency published a bold report. They quoted an unnamed source who claimed the United States agreed to waive all oil sanctions while the two sides negotiate. A United States official quickly stepped forward and called the entire Tasnim report completely false.
A fragile ceasefire currently holds back the violence. The shooting paused after a brutal 42-day war. This war exploded when American and Israeli fighter jets launched massive airstrikes deep inside Iran. Pakistan stepped in to mediate, but those talks stalled out completely. Trump told his supporters that the current ceasefire remains on life support and could die any second.
The global economy desperately needs this war to end. Washington demands that Tehran tear down its nuclear facilities and unlock the Strait of Hormuz. Ships passing through this narrow waterway normally carry 20% of the world’s seaborne oil and liquefied natural gas. The blockade causes massive problems for global markets.
Iran refuses to back down easily. Iranian leaders demand huge cash compensation to fix their war damage. They want the United States Navy to end its tight blockade of all Iranian shipping ports. Furthermore, Tehran insists that all fighting must stop across the entire Middle East. This includes Lebanon, where the Israeli military currently fights the Iran-backed Hezbollah militia.
Trump took his anger to Truth Social over the weekend. He posted a blunt warning to the Iranian leadership. He typed that the clock is ticking and told Iran they’d better move fast. He threatened that if they waited, the United States would leave nothing of their country. Reporters from Axios say Trump plans to meet his top national security team on Tuesday morning. They will consider different options for resuming military attacks.
Despite the harsh threats from the White House, Tehran projects total confidence. Baghaei stood before the cameras and declared that the country was prepared for any scenario. He told the reporters to rest assured because Iran knows exactly how to respond. He promised a fierce reaction if the opposing side made even the smallest mistake.














