Iran’s New Peace Proposal Includes Direct Reparations for War Damage and  US Military Withdrawal

LinkedIn
Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
WhatsApp
Email
USA–Iran conflict
The USA–Iran conflict has escalated into one of the most intense geopolitical crises in the Middle East in decades. [DailyAlo]

Tehran submitted a fresh peace proposal to the United States early Tuesday morning. This sudden move prompted President Donald Trump to halt a massive military strike planned for later this week. Trump announced the two nations now have a 90% chance of reaching a historic deal. State media reported Iran wants an immediate end to combat operations across all fronts, heavily emphasizing the crisis in Lebanon.

Deputy Foreign Minister Kazem Gharibabadi detailed Iran’s specific requests during an interview with the IRNA news agency. Tehran firmly insists the U.S. military must withdraw its troops from all bases located within 500 miles of the Iranian border. Iranian officials also demand that the United States pay exactly $50 billion in direct reparations for building damage caused by the recent U.S.-Israeli bombing campaign. They also require the immediate lifting of all economic sanctions, the end of the strict maritime blockade, and full access to frozen foreign bank accounts.

ADVERTISEMENT
3rd party Ad. Not an offer or recommendation by dailyalo.com.

Foreign policy analysts point out that these new terms closely resemble an offer Iran previously made. Just 7 days ago, Trump dismissed that older document and publicly called it garbage. The U.S. president changed his mind on Monday afternoon. He told the press he stopped the planned missile strikes after receiving urgent phone calls from 3 allied leaders. The heads of Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates pleaded with Trump to hold his fire. They assured him a mutually beneficial agreement sits just around the corner.

Trump stated his primary goal involves keeping the Middle East safe from atomic weapons. He told reporters he would feel extremely happy if the United States secures a deal ensuring Iran maintains 0 nuclear warheads. He added he prefers to solve the crisis without dropping thousands of bombs. The conflict officially started in late February and paused when both sides signed a temporary truce on April 4. Global markets are now pressuring Trump to secure a deal to reopen the Strait of Hormuz. This single waterway handles roughly 20% of the world’s daily oil supply.

Pakistan actively operates as the primary middleman between Washington and Tehran. A key Pakistani official confirmed that diplomats in Islamabad successfully transferred the 15-page Iranian proposal to the White House. Pakistan previously hosted the only round of face-to-face peace talks nearly 30 days ago. The Pakistani source warned that negotiators keep changing their demands every single day. He stressed both countries have fewer than 48 hours to finalize the terms before the fragile ceasefire completely collapses.

The ongoing talks continue to generate confusing signals. Neither government has formally announced any compromises. Yet, a senior Iranian official hinted on Monday that Washington recently relaxed some of its harshest financial demands. The official claimed the United States agreed to unfreeze 25% of Iran’s blocked funds, which totals roughly $15 billion. Iran continues to demand all $60 billion of its trapped money. The source also suggested American negotiators will let Iran enrich uranium up to a safe 1.5% purity level under strict international watch.

ADVERTISEMENT
3rd party Ad. Not an offer or recommendation by dailyalo.com.

American officials quickly rushed to deny several of these Iranian claims. An unnamed U.S. official completely rejected a prominent report published by Iran’s Tasnim news agency. The agency claimed that Washington had promised to grant 5 temporary waivers from oil sanctions while the peace talks continued. The American official called the report entirely false and stated the sanctions remain fully active today.

The devastating war exacted a massive human toll across the region. The initial U.S.-Israeli air raids killed more than 4,000 people inside Iran before the April truce took effect. The Israeli military killed over 3,000 individuals during its ground invasion of Lebanon. Israel invaded its northern neighbor to dismantle the Iran-backed Hezbollah militia, violently forcing nearly 1 million Lebanese civilians to flee their homes. In retaliation, Iranian missile strikes killed roughly 60 people across Israel and several neighboring Gulf nations.

Trump and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu launched the military campaign with 4 clear goals. They wanted to cut off Iran’s financial support for foreign militias, tear down the Iranian nuclear program, wipe out its long-range missile factories, and inspire Iranian citizens to overthrow their supreme leader. Despite enduring weeks of relentless attacks from a global superpower, the Iranian government survived. Iran still holds a massive stockpile of enriched uranium and routinely threatens its neighbors using suicide drones and allied fighters.

Latest

ADVERTISEMENT
3rd party Ad. Not an offer or recommendation by dailyalo.com.
ADVERTISEMENT
3rd party Ad. Not an offer or recommendation by dailyalo.com.